Monday 30 May 2011

The Photographic Institute- Module 2

Decided to start studying the Diploma in Photography through The Photographic Institute online program.
It consists of 12 Modules to complete over 24 weeks or up to 1year. I am probably looking at aiming for 1 year. I have a 6mth old little boy and am currently on maternity leave. I thought this is the perfect career opportunity to have as a little bit of extra cash or if it takes off might look at a permanent move.

So have finished Module 1 which was about the different camera types and which lenses to use for different situations. I got 8/10 for my assignment. Not perfect but glad the assignment was over cause now I can get into the chunky stuff- Taking photos.

Module 2 is a bit harder. A lot more information to take in. It is all about Shutter speeds, ISO and apertures. The assignment is made up of 4 parts. 1 being a photo. I have already completed the photo. I just have to do parts A-C. It is a mission. Hoping to get to sit down tonight to finish it.

The photo needs to be a household item. I am going to submit one of the cloth nappies my son wears. They are lovely and soft and gorgeous colours. The idea is to show plenty of depth of field. I happened to send this photo into the lady who makes them. She loves them so much she is going to get me to do some more photos this week. She is going to send me the nappies to shoot and I get to keep the nappies as payment. Fair trade at this point as I am still learning.

Here are a couple of photos I took of my son Cooper to send into her.




No comments:

Post a Comment